Nightrow Monster Academy

For an elite academy, things aren't so bad. You live away from your parents, can do whatever you want, you can even live the thrill of being a monster hunter! It's perfect. What happens though when the monsters take over?

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 18 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:16 am
November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Seize the Lights. [Open]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bellala

PostSubject: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 am

James Fujiwari

The past few weeks have been rather peaceful. Despite the prank Derek had played on me, all was well. I've been talking with Cecilia a lot more and I did open up to her more than I should have.

Derek seemed to disapprove.

But I really didn't mind. I couldn't stand being away from her and Derek was just going to have to live with it. When you're in love that means making sacrifices and that meant having your roommate give you the death glare every night before you go to sleep.

I did like my personal space at times, thank you very much.

Yet today, I was going to meet Cecilia near study hall. Basically another walk around campus and talking. It was rather nice to talk to her, you can almost say anything (Although for me I don't really say anything that's on the top of my mind).

The last bell of the day had rang and everyone in the classroom had immediately shoved their books and papers into their bags and filed out of the classroom is seconds. Including myself. It's a massive run out of the classroom.

The hallways were a different story.

I was raised to be polite but the students were walking incredibly slow. so I just did the second best thing.

"Excuse me, sorry." And I had to keep saying that every single three seconds. About five minutes later I was near the study hall patiently waiting for Cecilia. She must have gotten in the mad student rush as well.

SEID IHR DAS ESSEN? NEIN, WIR SIND DIE JAGER

Last edited by Bellala on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

Cecilia Patricia Janet Kara Lionna Lillian Jennifer Cheyenne Mira Felicity Kingston

The bell had rung, and immediately after, Derek had called my friendster.
"Yes, I'm fine... No, I won't leave him... Derek, stop worrying... It's okay."

A while ago, everything was fine. I was living the time of my life.
About a week ago, I started having nightmares again. So not only was I loosing sleep from the nightmares, but it was as if I was hearing voices and seeing doubles of people.

I wasn't sick. Derek made sure of it.
He still called me every time he had the chance and couldn't see me.

"Derek, I need to meet James now. I'll talk to you later." I said before hanging up on him and continuing to pack my things.

I swear as I was packing up, I heard my name being called by at least eight people. I was learning how to categorize reality and imagination, but it still bothered me.
"I can't talk to James about it, though."

When I once tried, it made me seem crazy, and he was the only person I needed to make sure I looked good for. Maybe I was going insane, but I couldn't look that way in front of him.

Picking up my bag of books, I started going to study hall where I knew James would be waiting for me.

I was excited to see him. Even though I was a bit tired, he always made me feel wide awake. This would be good.

And sure enough, he was there. Hopefully he wasn't waiting long. The hallways were so slow moving, and Derek's lagging friendster call didn't help.
"Hi James!" I greeted as I got there.

And because it was me, I taught myself how to ignore his personal space. So I made sure to hug him before he could say anything.

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:29 am

James Fujiwari

Before I knew it I was attacked by a warm embrace. No one else would do that except for one person.

"Ah- I should have known." She's been attacking me with her hugs every single day and she learned fairly quickly how to catch me by surprise. It worked every time and it would almost make me jump most of the time.

Seriously she can scare the living out of me.

I quickly hugged her back knowing there were too many people filing through the hallway. "we should go somewhere else though, the hallway is too crowded." I suggested, sensing many pairs of eyes on us.

Just pay attention to what's ahead of you, guys. You're going to run into someone if you keep looking at us.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:06 am

Cecilia Patricia Janet Kara Lionna Lillian Jennifer Cheyenne Mira Felicity Kingston

Of course he knew it was me.
I guess I scared him though... Again.
It was a bit amusing to scare him, but that wasn't my intention. I just wanted to show him how much I cared.
Even if he didn't like it.

When he hugged me back though, I felt so special. I liked it, the way my heart raced and I felt like I was on air.

It didn't last long. He suggested we leave.

I knew he was uncomfortable with this pda...
"Yeah, I guess that's fine." I replied, going to follow him.
People looking over were probably wondering either
  1. How we could have a small romance going on in such chaos
    or
  2. How they could get a romance too.

I wanted to make James more comfortable with all of this though. We were in Canada. Not a big portion of people cared.
"We're lucky we found each other." I simply said.

While I said that though, I thought there was another James standing beside him, but covered in blood. When I blinked, it was gone, but I was a bit worried.

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 pm

[writing this from my iPod. Sorry if it appears short since it appears long on mine xD]

James Fujiwari

This was one of those moments where I wanted to pull my hair out. People were just too slow ad if they wanted me to snap. But I controlled myself, it was eventually going to clear up.

Unconciously knowing, my hand was intertwined with hers. When I realized it, I wanted to pull away since we were in such a big crowd. I decided not to, it felt nice having her hand in mine. It almost felt like a puzzle piece, like it was meant to be like that. So I couldn't let go. I didn't want to.

Students began going up the stairs to their dorms or after school clubs leavingthe hallways with a few small groups of people chatting or studying.

I smiled warmly at Cecilia's comment. I didn't want to say something too cheesy since we were rather still early in a relationship. "I'm glad we did. Otherwise I'll probably be sitting in a corner like that kid." I whispered towards the end of the sentence, slightly pointing at a student sitting in a corner looking bored.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 am

His comment made me giggle a little. I did feel bad for the bored looking guy, but I was having too much fun with James to think twice about it.

"I'm really glad, too." I said, thinking cheesy thoughts. There was so much I could say, but I didn't want to make things awkward, so I kept my mouth shut.

But I didn't know at first why my head was spinning so much. I thought it was because I was with him and I was just flustered, but apparently not.

It took me a while to see I wasn't walking and probably falling. I felt completely numb and in my own world.
My ears hurt so much from all the yelling around me though. I had to clench them shut and cover my ears, but it didn't muffle the sound. So much yelling.
"Stop!" I had to yell back... And then everything went silent.

I slowly opened my eyes-

The world around me wasn't what I thought I'd see. Everything was black and stained with that seemed to be blood. There were people in the distance running.

Looking around, there was Derek and Nora in the middle of the hall. Derek was holding his gun up and looked behind me with terrifying eyes.

Turning around to see what was there.
I almost screamed at what I saw. It was a monster, but then James' face was there. I wasn't sure if I would have to run or stay.

Instead, I clenched my eyes closed again. I felt like I was going to cry after seeing that. |Just make it stop!!" I yelled again.

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 am

James Fujiwari

There was something odd about Cecilia. The look on her face looked almost pale and terrified. I decided not to bother since she say she was fine when I knew she wasn't.

"Stop!"

I turned to her as I stopped walking and I knew she was in her own world. Her world wasn't filled with unicorns as rainbows, or that's what I thought girls minds were when I was little, i knew her world was dark. Far darker than anyone elses.

"Cecilia?" her eyes turned to me and she looked like she was going to scream. I wanted to hug her and help her escape from her world, but I was afraid she was going to think I was an enemy in her world.

She looked so helpless...

My arms gently folded around her, calmly smoothing her blonde locks to calm her down. "Im here ...I'm here...everythings all right..."

I couldn't stand her be so helpless.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am

I just wanted it to go away and be happy again like I was a couple minutes ago.
The silence was ringing in my head and I almost preferred the loud shouting. The silence made everything feel tense.

But then a warmth washed over me and I felt calm. It was like everything was just fading away as I wanted it to.
I really didn't know how to feel anymore. I was horrified, but now it was nothing. There was no one around and no sounds either, but there was no ringing in my head.

"Im here ...I'm here...everythings all right..."
There was an echoing sound in the back of my head. I felt myself mentally going towards it, so when I opened my eyes.

Everything was fine again, and James was holding me closely and gently.
What had just happened?

I couldn't keep to myself any longer and started crying probably more then I ever had. Burying my face in James' chest, I just needed his support. He was there in that weird phase. I knew he couldn't help me, but he could be there.
And he was.

"Something's wrong with me." I said to myself, still clinging to James. I was mentally breaking apart but at the same time, was trying to sew everything back together. I didn't want to look like this in front of James, no matter how crazy I was getting!

He was too sweet to see this side of me.

"Sorry."

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 am

James Fujiwari

I held onto her, letting her cry it out. She needed the comfort. Her world was just getting darker and darker. I didn't know how she could handle it. I didn't know what her world was like but it definitely wasn't what I was picturing.

I gently kissed her head, my hand still softly brushing her gentle blonde curls. She calmed down. "There's nothing wrong with you...the school is causing it." she looked so new to having these kind of daydreams or really, daymares. There's no way she could of had this before she came here.

I pushed her away a few inches "don't apologize. It's not your fault." The visions she had only come to her as if they were trying to tell her something. No one else I know has been having like Cecilia was. It seemed a bit suspicious.

"I'm here for you, okay? Don't apolo-" I stopped coldwhrn I heard glass break and a student from afar scream bloody murder. Few seconds after a large group of students screamed. No way this wasn't good...

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 am

His kiss on my forehead made me feel at ease enough to bring myself back completely. But there was something wrong. Sure, he was right, it was the school triggering everything but... But this hadn't happened to anyone else, right? It was only me.

How could I not apologize though? I was causing a big scene, and probably worrying him crazy.
And it was so sudden...

While he said he was here for me, glass broke and a group of students were yelling.

"Stop it!! Please!!" my autopilot self yelled, covering my ears.
I spoke to myself in my head, repeating what James had just said.

"I'm here for you, okay?"
He would protect me from the outside world and myself.

For another time, I brought myself back. "What do you think just happened?" I asked James as I wiped my eyes from any remaining tears. There was no more time to cry.

Something else flashed in my mind, but it wasn't like before. It was just an image, and I could still feel myself in the real world.

But the image made me want to curl up and die.
It was James and I, but at the same time, it was only. The reason why was because he was dead, and all I could do was hold him.

I shook my head. James was alive, and that was fake. I needed to tell myself that.
But I couldn't believe it.

"Stay with me." I pleaded.
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:48 pm

James Fujiwari

This never happened before.

For all I know, I've never heard such a massive amount of students running and screaming. My mind was still processing what was going on. "I don't know..." I answered her, my eyes dilated from the students constantly warning everybody to run.

Then there was a gunshot. I knew exactly what was going on. I grabbed Cecilia's hand and began a fast paced in the same direction as the students were running to. "We're getting away though. It looks like they're heading to the gym."

Nora Thorne

"...What in the world is going on?" I asked breaking the silence in my choir group. All the other students had a sudden desire to see what was happening while the rest clung to their chairs, trembling. I was one of the students who wanted to see. At first I thought it would be some evil prank but when I heard that gunshot I paled.

I turned the doorknob. "Nora, what are you-"

"I'm going out." I said shutting the door behind me. I had to find the others, to atleast know they were alright. Cassie was for sure going to stay in the choir room, I know her too well. But I had to find Derek, Brian, and Cecilia.

I couldn't lose them, they were too close to me.

[thought this was a good time to add Nora in. I might add Cassie in later, depends.]

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:15 am

James started dragging me along to where all the other students were heading. My head was spinning and all of a sudden, my legs felt like they were about to give in. I was just so scared and confused.

I nodded to what he said, but there wasn't much else I could say.
He would protect me though, so I had nothing to fear.

But I was so scared.

But he was taking charge of everything. I felt helpless. Why can't I do anything for him?

"No escape. No meaning." was echoing behind us.

Derek Carther

I heard many gunshots and screams, and of course in our school's epidemic, this meant bad news.

"Nora." I said, getting worried and rushing out of the gym as scared students entered.
I was worried about everyone, even people who weren't my friends, but Nora, Cecilia, and James were my top priorities right now.

My transporter made my gun appear, so I was ready for a battle.
Turning the corner, I had the gun held out, but I didn't need it right now.

It was Nora in the distant hallway and I felt so relieved to see her. "Nora!!" I screamed, running up to her and hugging her, as if I needed to make sure she was real.

"What's going on?

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Last edited by Soffie101 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:55 am

Nora Thorne

I almost screamed when I felt arms wrap around me. I slowly craned my eyes over to the person behind only to see Derek.

I felt automatically embarrassed by quietly screaming...in front of Derek. I turned around and pushed him off gently. I was going to yell at him for hugging me when things were quite dangerous right now. Especially when there was students running all over the place.

"I don't know...the invasion sounds pretty bad..." I never sounded so frightened in my life. I can only handle one or two but times like this...I didn't know how to react.

But I didn't want to admit my fears to Derek, it made me feel absolutely weak and the same girl I was back when I was just a measly, average twelve year old. I was supposed to be strong and let everyone know I can handle things myself.

The last time I encountered a monster was only a few months ago when I was in the hallways and ended up being sent to the clinic for a week. I felt terribly feeble wth everyones' 'Are you alright?' and 'Oh Nora, you can't do that. You're injured' It made me feel so useless.

I think I was slightly trembling. I couldn't stop. I shook my head rapidly, getting myself together. 'Act tough. You can do this'

Nothing came out of my mouth when I looked at the direction where invasion started.

James Fujiwari

Areas started to get more denser and denser.

Areas were blocked off and eventually the gym was full. Plan B, classrooms. The second safest place in the entire school. I didn't really trust those classroom, something in the back of my mind just screamed 'UNSAFE'

But there was no where else to go. I turned to Cecilia. "Everything else just seems blocked off..." I looked behind me to an empty classroom. "Classrooms would be the next best idea..."

I can almost hear the time ticking away. Instincts were telling me to move fast. I gripped her hand a bit tighter hearing far off shrieks. I led her to the classroom that was thankfully left unlocked. I closed the door behind us, making sure it was locked. Things were too quiet as I let go of her hand, I think it was safe to move freely.

Just this room...I didn't know what to think. "I'm sorry for that...I couldn't let monsters eventually finding us ...." Why did I sound so worried and frightened? I turned to her, trying to hide how nervous I was.

I suddenly embraced her, almost on my knees, and my head resting on her shoulder. For now I guess we were safe.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Derek Carther

I felt a bit rejected when she pushed me off. Sure, this wasn't the time to get affectionate, but I was just relieved that Nora was okay.

She answered my question, but the answer was different from what I wanted to hear. I guess that was my fault; I worded my question wrong. "I'm not talking about the invasion." I said, hooking my gun onto vest's belt. I then patted Nora's head. "I'm talking about you. Are you okay?"

I looked in the corner of my eyes to see if there was anything around that cold threaten us. There was nothing at the moment, so we were safe for the while, but it didn't mean we could put our guard down.

Nora then looked towards a direction where people were scrambling away from; the opposite direction from where I came from. It was probably where everything started.

"So..." I knew how Nora hated feeling useless. I could read her like a book. "Am I going to get rid of these monsters myself, or is the princess going to help me?" I sarcastically said.
She might be scared, but being able to help might boost her confidence.

My lungs felt like they were on fire. I wasn't physically fit for this running, and of course to my luck, our destination was blocked full.

"Okay..." I was able to pant out to James.

He was right. Classrooms and dorms were the safest rooms in the school next to the gym. They had security doubled so there would be no disturbances during the night and classes.

When he closed and locked the door behind us, he sounded afraid and broken.

"James..." I whispered his name as he hugged me. I took the chance to try and comfort him as much as he did for me.

It was so hard to blink away the tears I had right now. This was frightening. I was worried for not only us, but the others. They would be okay. The most important people to me were in classes or clubs, so if they stayed in the rooms, they would be okay, but it didn't make me worry any less.

"Everything will be alright." I went against my thoughts. "We're safe here."

I looked around to confirm that. The door was locked, but was there anything out of place? What if a monster somehow got in before us? I just wanted to make sure.

Everything seemed alright, but the air felt heavy. I was starting to worry all over. "Yeah, everything will be okay..."

Maybe I was trying to reassure myself as well...

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Last edited by Soffie101 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:57 pm

Nora Thorne

My lips quivered. I couldn't move as my muscles grew numb. Why would I move? Why would I wan't to move? I would only get hurt again.

Was I afraid of getting hurt? Was that it? The near death experience didn't scarr me as much as I thought it would at first. Now, it's really in affect. I was really afraid. And the screams and continous fleeing made me want to go back to the choir room I was previously in.

Bu, as I said, I couldn't move. I just froze. Nora Thorne who once thought highly of herself has fallen. Yes, I had lost hope in myself. My hands reached for my head in exasperation, my fingers knotting into my hair. I fell to my knees. "I...I can't." I said, my voice in a whisper.

"I can't do this. I can't, Derek, I can't." What happened to my old self where I wasn't afraid of anything except numbers on a piece of paper? What happened to me? Did it just die?

James Fujiwari

Silence and her soothing voice.

If only everyday could be as quiet as this.

I wasn't scared but I was nervous. Her voice sounded frightened as if she were trying to tell herself she was going to be okay. I could feel it and I could hear it. A few times she had visions and we both had no idea what they could mean.

I always thought of nightmares as showing your weaknesses. You fear what's playing in your mind at night.

But now...was this it? Was this was Cecilia was picturing? The reason why she looked nervous? "Cecilia..." I said, my breath hitting her shoulder. "May I ask you something?"

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Derek Carther

That didn't go as planned. I guess my attempt at humor to lighten the mood was a bad idea right now.

There was a lot on the line right now. I thought maybe I could help her, but I was just making it worse.
I went and hugged her again, but through it, I wanted to make her feel safe. "You can do anything you put your mind to."

I just needed to step it up a bit. "Besides, I'm right here. I won't let anything hurt you."

Not again.

It was my fault she was injured when she was with Cecilia, and my fault that Kiki was hurt during another monster attack. I wasn't careful enough.
So I wasn't going to let someone close to me be hurt again even if it put me at more risk.

Nothing hurt more then seeing someone I loved in pain.
I learnt that a long time ago, but now, I was going to do something about it.

But this wasn't like Nora to cower. Something must have snapped. Possibly, reality just crashed down and the thought of dying just broke something.
She was so strong though, this little fracture would be fixed soon enough, and if not, I'd continue to protect her.

That wasn't phrased right. I'd protect her through anything. I'd just make sure she was safe mentally as well.

I rubbed Nora's back for support. "Everything will be okay, I promise."

I looked around before continuing to talk. "We should find you a safe place to stay for the time being."

Cecilianne Patricia Janet Kara Lionna Lillian Jennifer Cheyenne Mira Felicity Kingston

Maybe this was all a dream.
Maybe if I closed my eyes long enough, all of this would go away. Not just the invasion, but this school. The people. Everything. Maybe I'd wake up back in my old room in my old life. It wasn't something I wanted completely, but neither was this invasion.

Cecilianne Patricia Janet Kara Lionna Lillian Jennifer Cheyenne Mira Felicity Kingston, snap out of it. Wishing away some of the best things that happened to you. Get a grip and show how brave you are.

But James' sudden words almost made me jump. It was out of nowhere in this silent room.
I only thought of one thing though. I was too shy to say it, but all I wanted to say was you can ask me anything, seeing as how truthful it was.

Whatever he would throw at me, I would try my best to answer.
"Y-yes, of course..." I stuttered a bit on my words.

Deep breaths... Just take your time...
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Nora Thorne

I couldn't move.

All my nerves froze. Everything played before my eyes as if I was in a theater. Everything played, everything I hated the most. All the mistakes I made and faults I have committed to.

I felt so frightened to even face a mob of monsters. How could I hold a weapon and end a monster's life with no fear anymore?

I feel weak.

I feel scared.

I feel alone.

"Besides, I'm right here. I won't let anything hurt you."

I suddenly felt Derek's embrace. Instantly, I felt safe. Derek's strong and could do anything. That's what I believed. I didn't know why I didn't like him before. I always thought he was an arrogant idiot who pranced around the hallways going 'I'm the president of the student council and captain of the basketball team DUUR HUUR'.

Wow I was stupid.

Who knew he would actually mean something to me.

"I just....I don't know what to think anymore..." I said quietly, but still loud enough for Derek to hear. "I-"

A shattering of glass echoed down the hallways and more screams were heard. They only sounded louder, signaling that they were close. I tugged on Derek's sleeve telling him to move it.

"Go, go now."

James Fujiwari

"Remember when you had those daymares?" I asked, "Was this what you were picturing?" I looked her into the eye. I needed a straight answer, I was worried about her. She even ended up in the clinic for this.

Maybe this was what she was picturing, all her fears packed into one event. This wasn't a planned event though.

Monsters weren't programmed to be in large mobs and cause a rampage. This wasn't an accident either. The school wouldn't do this to their students.

Something was forming, a possible cause to this. First, why were monsters created in this school? If we were to answer that we could be led to many possible answers of why this mob happened.

I shook my head, I shouldn't go deep into thought here.

There was still an answer forming back in my head. How could this be?

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 am

Cecilianne Patricia Janet Kara Lionna Lillian Jennifer Cheyenne Mira Felicity Kingston

His question wasn't what I was expecting, but it wasn't unreasonable. I should have expected it. Everything was leading to it. Nothing was that surprising.
I still felt uneasy though. I could feel my eyes starting to burn and fill with tears.

My daymares as he called them. Sometimes it was so hard to tell if they were real or not, and a lot of the time now, they were meshing into reality. I could see what was happening, but the illusions were there as well.

So the answer was "Not exactly..." I rubbed falling tears away. "It's as terrifying, but it's like..."

I thought for a moment to see how I could describe it. "Like either everything is dark and something is wrong or there are illusions of monsters roaming around casually...

"The thing that bothers me most is that you're there a lot, and that this seems so familiar."

I knew something was wrong. I was so scared. How are you supposed to get over something like this?
There was so much more that I refused to let myself say to James. I trust him. I really do.
But I don't trust myself.

The fact that I see James as a monster and that I see myself being shot is unthinkable. Those are two paranoia visions. They're so frequent, but they're probably meaningless.

Derek Carther

I pat Nora's head one last time.

You're something else, Nora.

She was really falling apart, and even though I had known her since childhood, I had never seen her so broken. Mending those pieces was so important right now.

"Don't think, just go with it. I'll think for you." I casually said before she went to continue.
She and I were both interrupted by the shattering of glass.

The atmosphere was more tense. Something was coming.
When Nora said to go... She was coming with me.

"Up we go." I said, picking Nora up bridal style, and running through the halls. I had no idea where we were going, but by now, the gym would be full.
Possibly, while going through these halls, we could find someone else we knew ans get help. Even if not, we'd find something to do for the time being.

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:08 am

Nora Thorne

I haven't been picked up in so long. Usually I would protest and beg him to put me down. But I didn't have the slightest desire for him to let go. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kept an eye out for anything that would pop out behind him.

There was debris covering the floors and it made me wonder if Derek's feet were comfortable while walking on the floor. It made me feel guilty for being so fragile right now.

I saw something move. Instantly, I shot my eyes around searching for the moving presence. My heart was rapidly beating from my initial shock. I unconciously dug my nails into Derek's skin, searching for the moving figure.

Until I stiffened, a monster was slowly coming after us. My breath grew heavier and made it more obvious that I was really frightened.

"D-Derek run...." I whispered, my voice caught in my throat. I couldn't look away, my eyes were frozen on the monster coming towards us.

It just kept getting closer.

"Run!"

James Fujiwari

I was silent. I was trying to comprehend these words of hers. How could it be familiar when I'm in them? Serious deja vu.

I was going to go into science logic mode until I realized this wasn't the time to do it. I had to comfort her and tell her everything is okay and that we will be safe. I just couldn't find the words.

Even behind the door I could hear muffled screams and glass shattering. Part of me wished this would stop already. But if I just stood here and waited, how long would it last?

"I-"

"Run!"

My eyes turned to the door. Somehow that voice seemed familiar. How can a scream be familiar? Almost everyone sounds the same when they scream. "Nora?" The name slipped out of my mouth, I barely even thought.

I stood up, my hand still on Cecile's shoulder. I could only hear the outside world.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 am

Derek Carther

She didn't protest, so I did nothing. Nora, just hold on, I'm going to keep you safe.

All of the broken glass and shredded wood. This would take forever to repair. Now wasn't really the time to think of that, but I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind.
Everyone working together would make it go by quickly, anyways, I guess.

Yeah. Think happy thoughts while this is happening. It will calm your nerves... Keep thinking Derek, and DON'T let your guard down. You have someone else's life to worry about at the moment.

But every corner, there was something wrong. I had to be cautious. Maybe a little too much. My speed wasn't enough for all of this strategic running. A monster was closing in on us.
Nora told me to run.

But my throat was getting dry and scratchy. My lungs were on fire already in such a short time. I needed to think of something, and fast.

Perhaps it was time to stop running, though. It could keep going forever, unlike us.

I kept running for a bit until we reached a small locker area beside the elevator and near a classroom. It was around a corner, so we'd have a bit of time before it saw us.

I put Nora down in between the crevice of the last locker and the elevator. "Stay here and keep quiet."

I quickly pulled out my transported and pressed my gun button. It showed up in my hand, and I was all set. Time to battle it out.

"Come at me!!"

His silence only lasted for a moment, but it felt like a century. It was as if the words he was stringing together was for a novel.

I subconsciously held James' sleeve in my hand; proof he was there.

His voice suddenly rang through the room, followed by a scream somewhere close.
It was a recognizable voice yelling 'run.'

Like James, I stood from where I was. It had to be...

That scream was Nora.

"James, she's still out there." I tugged on his sleeve a bit. "We have to help her." I thought out loud.
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 am

James Fujiwari

Time felt as if it were frozen.

I could only stare at the door in front of me and hear a familiar, distant scream outside. I couldn't move, I could only think and stare.

It took me awhile to realize who Cecile was talking about. It had to be Nora. I barely knew Nora but a weight was pushing down my stomach. Why was I so worried? I didn't like her, I do not appreciate her behavior. But, she was Derek's fiancee. His lover. Someone that really mattered to him like Cecile matters to me.

Derek was also out there as well, my best friend and Cecile's brother.

I can't let those two die, I can't forgive myself if I just stay and let them die.

But why couldn't I move? Why am I not moving? Why am I not even trying?

I looked down at Cecile, her hands clutched on my sleeve. I realize she's the reason why I'm not moving.

I love her. I can't let her go. I know she wants to help but I can't let that happen. I can't let her get hurt. "Cecile..."

But it would be selfish of me to leave her alone and not help the ones she loves.

I hold her hand, not knowing what's going to happen behind those doors. "I agree. We have to help them."

Nora Thorne

I suddenly felt detached.

I didn't want to let go of him, I didn't want him to go. I just felt frozen in the crevice I was in, not knowing what was going to happen next. I was trembling all over and I could feel the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

I've never been so terrified in my life.

I've been in situations where it felt like I was walking blindly in the dark not knowing what's going to pop out and scare you. But it was one of these moments where I was expecting something but I didn't know when. It could be right in front of my eyes but I wouldn't know the timing.

I slowly move my hand to where my transporter was. My finger was trembling over the gun button, contemplating if I should press it or not. If I didn't press it I have to the choice of either running away or sitting here and watching the horror happen. If I did press it I can help Derek and hopefully increase the chances of ending this apocalypse sooner than expected.

I signed up to be hunter to release steam. I was so stressed and angry at myself that I only became a hunter to see monsters writhe in pain and die. But I realized over time that it as meant to protect your classmates and it was a committed title. Derek was my best friend, my dork, my love; I don't want him to fight by himself.

I pressed the gun button and my gun appears in my hands.

I stand side by side with him, aiming aimlessly. "I don't want you to fight by yourself...I think...I think I can help...killing the monster that traumatized me...I don't know but I can't stand to see you fight alone. That's selfish isn't it?" I couldn't construct myself properly but I wanted to make a point, a point on why I was fighting.

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon May 20, 2013 1:59 am

I was on the edge. I was so close to crying right now; I felt so helpless.
If Nora was out there, though... So was Derek.
My best friend and my brother. What if they were going to die and I couldn't even be there for them?

I felt my eyes stinging even more.

James then took my hand and agreed with me. I still wanted to cry, but now it meant I could at least look for them.
"Thank you, James." I managed to say, cautiously opening the door.

The hallways looked as they always did, but empty, as well as felt heavy. Knowing that danger was around every corner was more scary than I imagined.
I readied my watch's lazer just in case. It was the only weapon I had, so I needed to use it to the best extent I could.

"Please be alright." I said to myself, praying and praying.
I had such a horrible feeling that something was going to happen, and if it did... Please, if there is a god, make it happen to me; not anyone else.

Derek Carther

The monster towered over me. It was more like a kid against a shadow, but this wasn't some fantasy from that Brave Story or whatever; this was real. I needed to protect my peers now.

It stared down, not budging, just observing. "I don't have all god damned day!" I yelled at it. It continued to examine.

Soon after, Nora had moved out of the crevice. She was definitely a special one, not doing as I told her, but... I somehow felt better with her beside me. She was closer for me to keep her out of harm, as well as I could see with my own eyes that she was alright.

I put out my one arm in front of her, assuring protection. "My, aren't you being brave, darling?" I said in my normal jesting voice. If I could calm her a bit, things might go better than planned.
"Why don't we teach this thing who's boss?" I asked her.

Still, backup would probably be nice right now. I mean, I could probably take it out myself... But it would take a lot off of our minds as single hunters.

Harmony Darling

"Get away from me!!" I yelled, running down the halls. Where was I supposed to go? This was my first monster attack.
I wasn't a hunter, either.
And where was my watch? Broken...
I needed to get Molly or Danny to fix/replace it.

"Help!" I yelled some more, almost tripping over my shoes.

Gym. Gym. Gym. Safe place. Gotta get there. Thoughts raced through my head like no tomorrow.
I was just panicking to the extent that I could go insane.

Why did I choose this school? I'm easily scared; I'm not like Nora or the other Harmony. I'm not brave. I'm not strong. I should have just chosen a normal school near home, not risk myself here.

"M'aider!!"

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 am

Nora Thorne

I raised my gun, feeling the adrenaline rush through my veins. I felt goosebumps form on my arms and legs, my limbs trembling in the process. I didn't want to let Derek or myself down.

I smirked. The monster before us seemed like an easy shot after staring at it for a while. I was caught off guard when Derek threw his arm before me, this kind of ruined my pride. But maybe my pride was what made me conceited and it was probably his way of telling me to stop.

I think too much.

I kept my gun raised, making sure I was pointing at Derek. My smug grin was still painted on my lips.

"I was always brave." My finger grazed the trigger, "And I still am."

James Fujiwari

It felt very weird to see the hallways empty, only a few papers lying on the floor like homework and notes. Above us one lightbulb flickered.

My hand folded with Cecile's as we investigated the desolate area. Anything could come around the corner and we wouldn't have time to think twice.

"I don't have all god damned day!"

I knew that voice from anywhere. That same voice I would hear everyday. It was so close, all we had to do was just turn around and turn around the corner. "Cecile, did you hear that?" It couldn't just be me, she heard the same scream as I did earlier.

Brian Thorne

This wasn't safe at all. I hadn't seen Nora in an hour. Cassandra clung on to me as we sat in the gym among other students. Many were shouting or sitting quietly like it was normal to have 'hiccups' like these. Cassandra was literally shaking, scared out of her mind. I comforted her by gently brushing her hair back and coax her with words it was going to be okay.

But I had to find Nora, this wasn't alright. She has this thing of running off on her own, thinking it's alright to do whatever she wants.

I had to stop her.

I got up, looking at Jin as if telling him to watch her. I saw her look up and reach out a little to stop me. I walked towards the gym doors, feeling several pairs of eyes stare at me as if I were crazy to go out there.

I threw open the doors, closing them on the way out. I don't know how long I've been roaming around the hallways until I hear distant shouting.

"M'aider!"

My blood runs cold. "Nora?!" I hadn't heard Nora speaking her native tongue in so long, it scared me. "Où es-tu?" I shouted back.

I followed where the noise came from, running as fast as I could. I was frightened, I didn't want to lose her like this.

But my heart sank when I saw Harmony running, it was her. "Harmony!"

Back to top Go down
Soffie101
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Mon May 20, 2013 3:07 am

Derek Nevine

She was a lot more confident now compared to "Good girl." I said, letting my arm that was up loosen. I knew it; she could take care of herself.
Just in case, though, I would have her blind side.

I took advantage of the situation and analyzed the monster as it did the same for us. The machinery was probably perplexed from our actions of protecting each other.

"Let's be brave together, then." I finally lowered my hand completely.

My gun made a clicking sound, ready to shoot.

The monster flinched from the noise, starting to wiggle around. "This thing is..." I started thinking out loud.
Was it taunting us?

My free hand balled up into a fist. "Ladies first." I said.
I knew I had quick reflexes, so if Nora shot at it and it attacked, I could be on guard to push her out of the way or something.

The lights flickered, making a chill run through my spine. Creepy atmosphere? Bad. Creepy atmosphere with monsters around? Worse.

Note to self, check the lighting afterwards.

Suddenly, I heard a voice ways down the hallway. James had heard it too, asking if I had in the first place.
I deciphered it for a moment.
"That was Derek!" I said my conclusion.

Out of instinct and stupidity, I wiggled my hand out of James' and ran towards the voice. "Derek!" I called, which again was stupid of me. Still, he was there!

Harmony Darling

I kept running for my life.
Remember how I was going on about things I wasn't? I also wasn't a track master. In other words, I was running out of air, fast! I just needed to stop for a minute.

My lungs felt like they were on fire. Could they hold out until I got into some safe room? Please!
I took a second to catch my breath before the desperation kicked in again and made me dart off. While doing so, though, I felt a tug on my right foot. My shoe's strap was coming loose; probably why I had been tripping so much lately.

"Damn it!" I cursed, running and skipping.

"Où es-tu?" I heard in the distance. It was relatively close, and whether it was my imagination or reality, I was following it.
I think it was Brian, though...
I don't care who... Save me!

"M'aider!" I cried again, my mind still fuzzy. I might have called 'I'm here' at some point or another, but...

The corner! Whatever thought was going through my head was cut off when I reached that corner. Whoever called was around it.

Sure enough, it was Brian. "Brian!" I called his name, trying to reach him. He was a hunter. Heaven was smiling upon me.

Suddenly, my shoe gave. The strap snapped off of my shoe, causing me to fall forwards.
"Shit!" I cursed again.

I went and grabbed for whatever was in front of me, which...
Brian, I am so sorry.

Spoiler:

Honey Love Love

Last edited by Soffie101 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bellala

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 am

Nora Thorne

It irked me that Derek went into protective mode and then he suddenly did what any 'gentleman' would do and let ladies go first. I pulled the trigger. A bullet dashed through the hallway, completely missing the enemy. My palms were sweaty beforehand and my gun was slipping out of my hold. I backed away, obviously angering the monster. My throat clenched and I turned stiff. I glanced over to Derek, all my determination was gone and fear took over me.

The monster looked as if it towered me and everything came back again. Everything that made me fear it and I felt the pain within my stomach. I wanted to scream but I couldn't.

James Fujiwari

Cecile suddenly ran. I was taken aback but without thinking I followed her. Even if monsters were among us, I just wanted to know if Derek was alright. I mean, he is strong and all but still I was concerned.

A gun shot was made and we were really close to it. By close, I mean we were just around the corner. The sound so loud that it was still ringing for a few seconds. The bullet was lodged in the wall.

It didn't hit any of us luckily. But I didn't want to look around the corner. Something was there besides Derek and Nora.

Brian Thorne

I almost fell when Harmony fell on me. I couldn't help but laugh for a moment for it was incredibly 'awkward' to feel her against me. "Jesus Christ, Harmony, you're too cute." I laughed. I wasn't really that worried for Harmony, I always thought of her being capable to do whatever. She seemed strong so I let her have her ways. But this was just too funny.

Her. Bumping into me.

I'm taking this whole situation too lightly. "Little beauty, you don't have to be running so fast~" I teased, poking her on the head.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seize the Lights. [Open]   

Back to top Go down

Seize the Lights. [Open]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next